Sunday, February 2, 2014

WEEK 23: MGA BIYAYA

HELLO PO SA INYO LAHAT!!! It's been another good and busy week like always here in San Vicente. So I am limited on time today but don't worry, I have a good excuse. Today our zone got to have a zone activity with President AGAIN! Yes. Our zone totally won again. So basically it is true: WE ARE THE BEST ZONE!! This time the key indicator was lessons to investigators with a member present and our zone had the most in the whole mission!! So we went to some hot springs in Irosin and swam!!! Hahahaa JOKELANG we are missionaries so thats bawal aka forbidden but we played some unity games and President spoke to us. So we were there all morning, and we just got back and our P-day ends in like 40 minutes. So I will make this fast!

So this week was a super busy and good week. We taught a lot of lessons and saw so many miracles. One miracle being Jerome. I'm sure you are all wondering about how he's doing. If you're not.....you should be and you will be enlightened now haha :) So we were able to teach him this week. He is now living with his father. Well that is what he tells us, pero we think he is still living on the beach. So he came to church this week on his own. Talk about a strong little boy. He knows the church is true with everything in him. This is why we love him SO much. Oh and I can't forget to mention that he gave me my first Valentine of the season yesterday. It said "happe balentimes day sestir i lub you" I almost cried when I got it hahaha he's the best. So we were able to teach him really quick after church. We taught him about baptism super basic and just with pictures. Then we asked him if he wanted to be baptized. His eyes just watered up and just said "opo sister" and just started crying. HE WAS SO HAPPY I REALLY COULDN'T TAKE IT. Such a precious moment. This boy has really shown me the realness of the gospel. You don't have to know everything or be able to comprehend everything to have a strong testimony. He has more faith than some people I know that have been members their whole lives. He is such an inspiration to me!!! He was so excited that he can finally be baptized since he's living with his dad now. But now will be the hard part...we have to find his dad and make sure it's okay with him that Jerome is baptized. But we have faith that The Lord will provide a way :)

Sige we also taught Zenaida and Joel this week. We taught them Word of Wisdom and really I'm not lying it was one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever been a part of. As I talked the words were just coming out of my mouth. Every time we teach them I look back after and wonder how in the world I was able to say half the things I could. The gift of tongues is REAL. These people need to hear the truthfulness of the gospel and how blessed I am to be an instrument in His Hands. We tied in the Word of Wisdom in with the Plan of Salvation and testified that it is part of the plan of Heavenly Father. We reextended baptism to them for Feb 22nd and they accepted!!!! And they came to church again this week so yay!!! They are so super progressing and every time we teach them they bear their testimonies of how grateful they are for us missionaries and the fellowship from the members. It has really testified to me of the power members are in this work. How grateful I am to be in a Branch where they are really doing everything they can to hasten the work. 

Well everyone, I wish I had all the time and a good internet connection to fill you in on everything pero this will have to do for this week. Missionary work is so great. Being a missionary is THE BEST CALLING EVER. I really do love it. This gospel is real. I witness it change lives every day. Miracles happen when we put The Lord first. That is all :)

Mahal na mahal ko kayo,
--Sister Reategui

PS- SHOUT OUT TO MY KIND SUNRISE MOUNTAIN WARD FOR THE NICE NOTES!!!!!! I got the notes on a day that I really needed it and I have read them every day since. Thank you for your support to me and continue to support the missionaries there!! Thank you for the good examples you all are to me. Always remember I love and pray for each one of you :) LOVE YOU AND YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH EACH WORD OF THOSE NOTES MEANS TO ME :)

Oh, and sorry everyone but the connection is super bad this week. I promise pictures next week! If you miss seeing me just look at my Skydrive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment