Sunday, February 9, 2014

WEEK 24: All good things have to come to an end...

HELLO EVERYONE. Well like the title says, all good things have to come to an end. AKA I am getting emergency transferred. I found out about 30 minutes ago and I have to be gone on a bus tomorrow by 6 am. All of us American sisters in my area are getting pulled out because of a threat that a man made to us Americans here in our area. I don't think I can really give the details, but it was pretty intense and has resulted in 5 of the 8 sister missionaries in our district getting emergency transferred. This news made it all the way to the Church Headquarters and they want all of us American Sisters pulled out of our area. So needless to say, it's been quite a week, dealing with him in and out of jail, showing up at our apartment and church building and stuff so we are counting our blessings that we are safe. It's really a miracle talaga. I wish I could tell all that happened because it is a super intense story haha but just know that I am safe and being transferred to a safer area.

Well, honestly I am so so super sad to leave this area. When we got the transfer announcement on Saturday, I was so relieved and excited that they said I would be staying another 6 weeks here. Immediately we went to all the members and investigators and were so excited to tell them that I would be staying. Well JOKES ON ME because I'm now leaving. I may or may not have been crying for 10 minutes straight when I found out. There is so much progression in our area and to all the sudden leave....it's super rough. Pero I am a missionary and this is part of it. I know that there is a reason for this, for this crazy man that caused all of this, there's a reason for everything. I am just a little part of this great plan that our Heavenly Father has. But I will never forget these great people here in San Vicente. I am forever grateful that I was able to start my mission here and spend 4 and a half months here. I have seen so many miracles every single day, it's crazy. Being a missionary is really the BEST calling. This week we had exchanges. I was able to go with Sister Eracho, one of the Sister Training Leaders in our area. She is so so sobrang magaling. We went to her area and at first I was thinking it would be super easy and nothing because I don't know the people and I don't have to lead the area. I didn't really think anything of it. But when I got there and we were in our first lesson, I was seriously overcome by the Spirit, and especially LOVE. Love for these people that I had never even met before that day. Heavenly Father is really so amazing. And I was very humbled and felt stupid that I didn't think anything would be special about our exchanges. Being a missionary, I have really been blessed with a big heart. I don't know how I have this much room to love so many people, but somehow I do. At the beginning, when I couldn't speak at all, I would just pray and pray that my love for these people would be enough. That even though I couldn't speak to them and really fully express them, loving them would be enough. And I have literally seen my prayers being answered right before my eyes. Somehow my love for these people has been enough. And I didn't really realize that until I went on exchanges and really saw how He could help me really feel love for these people that I didn't even know. This gospel is so amazing and I am so blessed to be able to share it with these incredibly humble, loving people. 

Well it was a super busy week this week. We were finally able to exceed the standard of excellence here for 35 lessons per week. This came with a lot of hard work and dedication, and with the help of the amazing leaders we have here in San Vicente. We had a 1 Day Mission on Saturday with the young men. We had a great turn out of both young men and Relief Society sisters to work with us! So we went on splits. I was assigned a Relief Society Sister, the Young Men's President, and 1 YSA, and 2 young men to work with us for a few hours. Let me just tell you it was awesome!!! These boys are so diligent and knowledgeable. They wanted us to really give them the full missionary experience, so they led the lessons, taught the lessons, and even extended the commitments and everything! Sobrang magaling sila. It was a super cool experience that they were able to work with us and share their testimonies with those that we taught. We were able to teach 3 Less Active families, and we also found 2 new investigators and taught them right then! And we were so amazed to see all the less active families we taught come to church on Sunday!!!!! Ah it is so amazing when we see the fruits of our labors. Some of our fishermen even came to church yesterday too!!! This area is so progressing and it is sad to leave. It is especially sad to leave before the baptism of Zenaida and Joel. They are super progressing as well, but I know even with me gone they will be incredibly strong members. 

Well everyone, again I don't have much time but I just want you all to know that I really LOVE this gospel. I LOVE the opportunity I have to share the gospel everyday. It really is the greatest blessing ever. I can testify to you all that Heavenly Father is in the details of our lives. He knows what we are going through and He knows our struggles. He knows we are weak without Him. And you know what the best part is?? He will always be there to help us through. Kasi we can't survive without Him. If we rely on our own knowledge or our own strength, we are literally nothing. I have learned that more than ever here. One of my favorite scriptures has become D&C 35:13, where Jesus Christ talks to us saying "Wherefore, I call upon the weak things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised, to thrash the nations by the power of my Spirit." BY THE POWER OF HIS SPIRIT. Ibig sabihin He knows we are weak. And yet He still calls upon us. And as we are in His errand, He is there every step of the way to help us. As long as we are doing what we are supposed to, He will give us His power. He will carry us when we can't walk another step. He will fill our mouths with words when we can't speak the language. I have felt this more than ever here. He really is in the details of our lives.

Sige well although it's been a crazy rough week, we did end up having two baptisms on Saturday! I will attach a picture :)

I LOVE YOU ALL! NEVER FORGET IT.

Talk to you all next week in my new and SAFE area :)

Mahal kita,
Sister Reategui

{PS} I am trying to update my skydrive right now so you can check there for more pictures! :) heres the link https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B62DF9EB1FD8E770%21104

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A GRAND WEEK:)

No comments:

Post a Comment