Sunday, February 16, 2014

WEEK 25: NEW AREA!

HELLO PO SA INYONG LAHAT!!!

Sige really again I have like absolutely NO time this week. We were just milking cows and feeding the calves. Just a typical day in the Philippines. Hahaha well I have a lot to fill you all in on!!!!!!

So, my new area is Tabaco! I am serving in the Tabaco Branch. And this is the best part....guess who is my District Leader??? Elder Nielsen!!!! Like Tatum Nielsen. Yes. Two Arizonians here in the same District all the way out in the Philippines. What are the chances right? It's awesome. And my companion is American!!! Her name is Sister Simonson and she is from Idaho. She's been here almost for a year and is super magaling sa Tagalog. We are using our American companionship to the fullest for sure haha everyone is so surprised when we speak to them in Tagalog, so we get to use it to our advantage. We talk to anyone and everyone. Every time everyone is so surprised so it's a great finding idea haha. Everyone calls me the Filipina because I'm darker than her,so it's great. The members here are super awesome and I love them already. I'm telling you, it's impossible to be sad here like EVER kasi the people are so amazing. Anywhere in the Philippines. Whether you got here yesterday or 5 months ago, they treat you like family. I am learning so much from them everyday. Like this week I learned how to really eat fish..like the whole fish. Hahaha no but really in a serious way, they are changing my life. It sounds so typical because I'm a missionary, but they really are! The people here have genuine love that you really can't find anywhere else. I wish each of you had the opportunity to see and learn from these people but I hope these simple emails are enough for now. :)

Well, the life is good here. I am so so happy here in my new area. The love that I have felt from the members here is so overwhelming. Really there is something amazing about doing your best to forget yourself and go to work. The love you receive in return is indescribable. Missions are the best. One thing that has really struck me this week is becoming a Christlike missionary. In our district meeting, that is what Elder Nielsen gave it on, the Christlike attributes. It really inspired me to become a better missionary. He told us that in order to to really become Christlike, you must really understand Christ. So that has been my goal this week and for the rest of my mission. Really study and understand the life Christ lived and the kind of person He was. And that is when I can really strive my best to be a Christlike missionary. Because as missionaries, we are all on our own missions to better understand Christ so that we can better share His love with those we teach. In 3 Nephi 27:21 it says: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do." How are we supposed to really do the things He asks of us if we don't know them? Food for thought :)

Well, hope you all are well!! Just know that little me is thinking of you all, from all the way out here in the Philippines :)

MAHAL KITA,
Sister Reategui

PS here are some pictures, from a baptism in our branch and from milking and feeding the cows this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment