Sunday, February 15, 2015

WEEK 77: Love is [still] in the air.

Well another week down and it's getting awfully close to that time when this whole mission thing is over. YIKES.

Well in other news, MALIGAYANG ARAW NG MGA PUSO!!!! Happy [late] Valentines Day!! I love you all. Heavenly Father loves you all. And Jesus Christ loves you all. Isn't the gospel great?

I LOVED THIS WEEK. I am just overwhelmed with love. AH. Can I just spend this email writing all the things that I love?

>>I love being a missionary. I love this time that the Lord has given me to give my all and serve Him. I have learned more than I ever imagined I could in 18 short months. 
>>I love my Heavenly Father. I love my opportunity that I've had to draw closer to Him than ever before. I am grateful for this unique chance that I've had to learn of Him and learn how to trust in Him in all I do.
>>I love Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to be sharing His peace and His hope to those that desperately need it. 
>>I love the gospel. It's what everyone is looking for but they don't even realize it. But when they do, it is the coolest thing to see. When they really realize that Jesus Christ gave His life for them, something special happens. A mighty change happens in their lives. I am grateful to have been an instrument in accomplishing this.
>>I LOVE THE PHILIPPINES. Oh man have I learned so much from these great, humble people. I love them with everything in me. It makes me cry just thinking that I will have to leave this place soon. I am eternally grateful for everything they have taught me. I know I didn't serve to teach, but I was the one really taught. They have changed me and will always be a part of me.
>>I love this work. Missionary work is the greatest thing I've ever been a part of. 
>>I love my companion. Even though we are super different, we get a long really well. I guess that's what happens when you're together for 3 transfers. Hahaha
>>I love all the missionaries I've met. I've learned so much from them.
>>I LOVE MASBATE. Even though it's been my hardest area, it's been what I've needed.
>>I love the Lord's timing. I am so impatient but He's always looking out for me. And when I look back, His timing really is the best.
>>I love exchanges. 
>>I LOVE SISTER ERICKSON. She's the best ever. I learned so much from her this week on exchanges and we had a great time. [see pics attached]
>>I love being positive. Even when everything isn't going as planned, we can still be happy!
>>I love prayer. I know it's real. We can really talk to our Heavenly Father. He listens and hears our prayers. He answers them, in His own time and in His own way. 
>> I love having District Meeting. We got to teach the workshop this week....about PRAYER! Wahoo!!!
>>Guys. I actually love planning. It relieves my stress!
>>I love when members work with us. Especially recent converts. They bring a special spirit into the teaching that we need. Our recent convert Melfa always works with us and is usually the one to teach like the whole lesson. I love it. It is so cool to see her share the things she's learned and the experiences she's had at church.
>>I LOVE TRACTING. I used to hate it, but recently I've just been praying and praying that I would love it and guess what? I love it now! The Lord really turns our weaknesses into strengths when we do our best to rely fully on Him.
>>I LOVED VALENTINES DAY THIS YEAR. BEST EVER. We totally got to share the love of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with everyone. So great. We made Valentines for all of our families that we teach. THE BEST DAY EVA.
>>I love people that are grateful. We made some Valentines for a family we teach and they cried when we gave it to them. So presh. I love it.
>>I love meeting people that have a passion for sharing their beliefs with us. We met a lot of religious people this week that wanted to be the ones to share with us...haha. I used to hate that but I started looking at it in a different way and really admire those people. They rock because they aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe in.
>>I love seeing the joy of the gospel being rekindled in others.
>>I love the Book of Mormon. It's just so true and so helpful. I have found so many answers and so much comfort through reading and searching constantly the words. I know that is it is the word of God and can bring us closer to Christ than any other book.
>>I LOVE SERVICE. We got to garden on the top of a mountain on Valentine's Day morning! So great.
>>I LOVE BUKO. AKA coconut. I will really miss it like a lot.
>>I love trials. My mission has been the hardest, but best 18 months of my life. I am so grateful for all the hard things that have happened because I've grown so much.
>>I love nice investigators. One family gave us like 100 pounds of fruit fresh from their farm. The best.
>>On that note, I love bananas. 
>>I love rice. I don't even mind eating it for every meal every day.
>>I love that we have the truth. I love sharing it every day. 
>>I just love love. I love Christ and that His love was perfect.
>>I love being able to testify to people of Christ's unfailing love. He really is perfect.

Well I could go on and on for ever and ever. I have loved this time as a missionary. I could say it over and over again. I would do it all over again if I could. I love my Savior and I love His gospel. I love sharing it and have loved serving the Lord with all I've got. I am sad time has gone so fast, but it does feel good to go home knowing that I gave my all and loved every second of it.

I know that this gospel is true. I know that this is the key to pure and real happiness. Life is just so great.

Well just next week I will be on my way back to see you all. LOVE YOU ALL AND HAVE THE BEST WEEK EVER. KITA KITS!!!

Nagmamahal,
SIster Reategui


pictures:
EXCHANGES WITH THE BEST.
-cool tatay making lumpia wrappers
-put two americans together and what do you get? Alfredo. best ever.
-S/O to the cool Elder Nielsen (aka Tatum) for giving us these cool shirts.

Melfa the great working with us.
I told Melfa "make it artsy" and this is what we got. hahahaha
LOVE THIS FAMILY.








the great sister erickson.
#valentines
GARDENING YO
BUKOOOO
the life




VALENTINES DAYYYY
this little boy whispered to me in the middle of our lesson "do you know who my valentine is? you." he's got game. hahahaha

BOWLINNNNNN



No comments:

Post a Comment