Sunday, February 8, 2015

WEEK 76: LOVE IS IN THE AIR.

GUYS. Life is just so good. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. Ah. Time is going so fast.

Love is in the air!!!! Got my first Valentine of the year from one of our recent converts. He made one for me and for Sister Villeza. He's the one that I talked about last week that bore his testimony. S/O to him for keeping Valentines Day alive for us missionaries. Hahaha.

Guys but really I'm so excited for Valentines Day. Who doesn't love spreading love to others?? It will be such a good tactic to use this week while we are tracting. WE ARE LOVED BY JESUS CHRIST AND HEAVENLY FATHER! I KNOW IT'S TRUE!

Whelp another week has passed and I've learned more than I could ever fit in one email to you all...but here it goes! 

YAY 4 LEARNING. [I am so the daughter of a teacher. mom you've rubbed off on me!!!]

MONDAY - The Power of Testimony. Taught a really cool family. They were baptized just a few months ago and they are so strong. So much has happened to them since they were baptized. They've lost their father, and because of that they also lost some of the support coming from that side of the family. But this mother is working so hard to just support her children and to give them a good life. I have learned so much from this family and the way they rely on the Lord with everything they've got. 

TUESDAY - Praying for Pigs. Hahaha. Today we had exchanges! I got to work with the great Sister Sabado. She is just so genuine in everything she does so I learned a lot from her. We had a really funny lesson with one of our recent converts, Tatay Lindo. One of his big pigs that he's raising died. So he asked us to pray for his other pigs that they don't get sick too. [S/O to Sister Knuth totes felt like you out there in Idaho] Well of course we prayed for them. Went back yesterday and the others are still alive. Tatay said to us "Those Sisters have real power! The pigs are still living!" Haha. Guys I know that there is power in prayer.

WEDNESDAY - The importance of talking with everyone. Today (like every day) we made a goal of talking and inviting 20 other people to learn more about our message. Which was kinda crazy because we also had appointments set for the whole entire day. Well guess what. We were literally given chances to talk to more people and ended up inviting 31!!! other people to let us share with them. REALLY GOOD DAY. You guys don't even understand because our area is super small and we literally have tracted and know everyone there, but the Lord really prepared more people for us to talk with!!!! It was so cool. We were also able to teach lots and feel the Spirit. And that's what counts!

THURSDAY - The power of the Spirit. Guys I could go on and on about this one. But we had a really cool but simple experience this week. We went and taught some less actives in our area. In planning, I felt the prompting to share the verses in 3 Nephi 13:31-34 which says "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." So we trusted in the Spirit and just went with it. Simple verse, right? We have all probably heard that one before. But we went to the house and shared the verse. The brother, who hasn't come to church in quite a long time, totally started crying. He just looked up at us and said, "Sisters, it's like this verse went into my body and pierced my heart!" Hahaha. I am grateful to the Spirit because it was totally the key in that lesson to simply remind this brother what's important in life.

FRIDAY - Faith is important. Today I learned how important having faith in Christ is. He is the Light and the Life of the world. We must have faith in Him! In many of our lessons this day we found ourselves testifying of the importance of faith. It is the foundation in everything we do. When we read the scriptures, pray, go to church...all require faith! Even just waking up in the morning and getting out of bed, in a way we are exercising our faith. And if we have our faith centered on Jesus Christ, everything else in our lives will just fall into place. The gospel is true and it is real. Read a good quote this day "With faith in Him, our lives become focused on doing things of eternal value." With our faith in the right place now, we will end up in the place that our loving Father has prepared for us.

SATURDAY - "Sanctify yourselves." Joshua 3:5. Today we had interviews with President Guanzon. That man is really a man of God. You can just feel the love he has for the Savior by just sitting with him for a few minutes. I am grateful for him and the things he shared with me. He really knows just what to say to make you think about your whole mission and everything you've done and accomplished. He helped me see how far I've come and how much I've changed. I am forever grateful for this time I've had to really come closer to the Savior and my Heavenly Father. It's been the best 17 and a half months (soon to be 18) of my life.

SUNDAY - Member missionary work is important. Great day. We went on splits with the members! They are so supportive of missionary work here. We had 4 sisters work with us! It was great. I went with a teacher that gave us over 10 referrals of her friends and family and people that she works with. It was awesome because we got to explore one of our areas that is a little farther away so we don't usually get to work there very often. I saw just how powerful the testimony of members can be in this work. 

Well guys that's a 10 minute summary of our week. I hope you all know that I love this work. I love my Savior and am learning so much every day by serving Him. You should all do the same!!!!

Nagmamahal from this Sister that's [still] soaking up every last second in the sweat,

Sister Reategui


pictures:
slumber party hehehehe JOKE LANG [please notice the baby throwin' up the peace sign. she was totally super sick but still stayed true to her inner filipina.]

totes master at the 'trompo'. these kids taught me. ill be bringing some of those home. hahaha

jeramos family. LOVE THEM.

the elder's awesome investigator. he's blind and totally came to church all on his own this week. no one knows how he made it there. MIRACLE. so cool. we took a picture. he told me i'm filipina. basically best friends.

our awesome investigators that came to church. LOVE THEM.

PDAY BBAL YO









No comments:

Post a Comment