Sunday, June 15, 2014

WEEK 42: LET YOUR FAITH SHOW!

HELLO PO SA INYONG LAHAT!!!!!! Kumusta kayo? I hope you are all doing well wherever you are in the world. It's been a great week here in the Philippines. Unfortunately we didn't have much work because Sister Leonardo was sick, but we still made the best of it. Let me explain some of the highlights....

We had a really good lesson with one of our struggling investigators. She has had a problem getting over some of her addictions. Well, we shared the story of Enos. (I recommend you all to read Enos because it's one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon) We read it and we were testifying of the power of prayer and repentance. Well, all the sudden she said, "Sisters this chapter sounds like it is just for me. I needed to hear all of that" and went on to tell us this super amazing experience she had that week. Where she was really struggling with her addiction, to the point where she spent all the money she had for a specific trip because of it. The money wasn't even actually hers, she was given it so she could go on a specific trip for their family. She said she felt so bad to the point where she said the only thing she could think to do was pray. She said she prayed and prayed for forgiveness. She prayed for a way to gain the money back again. Well guys THE POWER OF PRAYER IS REAL. She cried as she told us that He really did answer her exact prayers. There is a lot more to the story but for times sake, just know that it was a really big deal for this certain investigator. Prayer is real. God hears and answers our prayers. I've seen it personally in my life and I've been so blessed to see it in the lives of those I teach. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.

It was my birthday on Friday! My companion is awesome. Even though she was sick, she still decorated and even surprised me with a cupcake in the morning with candles. We had a few family home evenings with families to celebrate. It was a very happy day full of many Filipino birthday things...such as spaghetti, spaghetti, and more spaghetti. Hahaha that is what they have here to celebrate birthdays. I cooked spaghetti for 20 people....it was awesome. That was basically our day. People singing me happy birthday and eating spaghetti...and now I'm 20 years old.

Well lets see what else...I learned how to cook more Filipino foods this week since my companion was sick and I had to cook...hahaha. I also had a lot of time to do personal study....we finally got the General Conference Liahona...I recommend to you all to read "Let Your Faith Show" by Elder Russel M Nelson....it's great and I've read it 5 times now. I love the quote that says "We might each ask ourselves, where is our faith? There is only one in whom your faith is always safe, and that is in the Lord Jesus Christ. And you need to let your faith show!" LET'S ALL STRIVE TO SHOW OUR FAITH IN CHRIST A LITTLE BETTER!

Well there's so much that happens in a week as a missionary....never enough time to write it to you all.

I hope you are all well and know that you are always in my prayers!!!

Mahal ko kayo, 
Sister Reategui





 

No comments:

Post a Comment