Sunday, June 8, 2014

WEEK 41: HAPPY ARE WE!

HELLO PO SA INYONG LAHAT!!! It's been a great week full of amazing experiences and happiness. This work just brings me so much happiness! I love it.

We will just start with Tuesday since Mondays are our P-days and we only teach a few lessons those days..

Tuesday - Faith.
Seriously I think I am here to learn from these amazing people. They are so incredible and inspire me every day with their strong faith. One family we teach is really struggling right now, but they are just so happy and full of faith. The father of the family only has work every other week, so the weeks where he has no work they literally have no money. Even when he has work, he makes about 75-100 pesos a day, which is a little less than two dollars. And they have a family of 4 kids to feed as well. Can you imagine that? So one day we were there and they said they had just enough money to buy one kilo of rice for the whole week for their family. FOR THE WHOLE WEEK. Thats like enough for two or three meals for just Sister Leonardo and I. And they have to feed a family of 6 for a whole week. They just said to us "we have faith because there is nothing impossible to God." And they said that before they eat, they just pray that they will all be full, and they said they always are. If that isn't faith, I don't know what is!
Wednesday - Ask and ye shall receive.
So this day was the start to our great week. So in the morning we seriously went to all of our appointments and back ups and no one was home. School started this week here so everyone seems to be busy and out of the normal schedule. We were pretty frustrated because we seriously went to so many houses. Then a thought came to me that we should go to a specific active family and ask if they have anyone that would be interested in our message. Well turns out they had a referral for us!!! It was awesome. We were so excited and I know that it was meant to be that we were there in that time asking them. We of course contacted the referral right away, and she happened to be a former investigator!!! One of the first things she said to us was that "the only thing I'm missing in my life is being baptized into your church" OKAY CAN YOU SAY PREPARED?? We extended baptism and she accepted!!!!! But more to that story later....
Thursday - More work.
Today we had work..work...then more work. But I love it and I love my companion because we work hard and have so much fun together. We get along really well and have the same sense of humor, so we are always laughing and having so much fun. It makes the work so fun and we have noticed that the people we teach recognize our happiness too, so it just makes for happy people everywhere!
We returned to the referral from the day before...we got there and she had more people for us to teach!!! We extended baptism to them too and they accepted as well!!!!! YAY it's such a happy week.
Friday - BIRTHDAY NI SISTER LEONARDO!!!!
Today was a really happy day!!! Sister Leonardo turned 22! Not much of a celebration that day since we are celebrating together this week since our birthdays are so close. We had Zone Training that morning and then went to a super yummy Japanese restaurant here to celebrate and then went to work! For some reason I had the feeling we should go visit a certain former investigator in a certain area even though we were kind of far from that area. But we went and it turned out that he (the former investigator) had all his family there and he wanted us to teach them all too!!!! OKAY they are some of the most prepared people seriously, we taught about the Restoration and extended baptism and they all accepted!!! There were 5 of them!!!! YAY for following the Spirit! I am so grateful just to be a mouthpiece for the Spirit. I have really seen miracles in the work this week because of the Spirit leading us to WHO we need to teach. 
Saturday - HAPPY ARE WE!
Guys I really love this work. I am so happy like very single day. Today was the baptism of Vincint!!! Our investigator. It was such a happy day. He is 14 years old. He is just the first in his family because we are also teaching his mother and siblings!!!! But more on that story later.....
One of our lessons today was to a lady that has really searched a lot of churches. She said to us "I love when you sisters come, because you are so happy even though you are so far away from your families you are so happy all the time and it makes us so happy too!!!" OKAY best compliment. She went on to tell us about all the other missionaries from different churches that would visit them and she said they always made her feel like a horrible person hahaha so she said she likes us and wants us to keep visiting her! It was a good day full with many lessons :)
Sunday - Always a happy day.
Today was a really good day. We went to the family of Vincint and his moms sister was there.....she told us she took their Book of Mormon and has been reading it and wants to be baptized! So we taught her, (this was the first lesson to her) and we extended baptism to her and the siblings of Vincint and they all accepted too! It was a good day :)

Well it was a really really good week. My time is short right now but I will be on again later to email a little more. We have an activity today and it's far so that's why we are on early. I want you all to know that I LOVE this work and am so so incredibly happy here.

We have seen so many miracles this week. In total, this week we received and contacted 13 referrals and got 11 new investigators! We were able to teach 32 lessons and really realized the worth of EVERY soul here in Tabaco. There are so many people that are just SO ready for the gospel in their lives. Don't be afraid to share it!!!

I love you all and I am so grateful for your love and support to me. 

Mahal ko kayo, 
Sister Reategui


sidenotezzzz: 
--I cut 12 inches off my hair this week......hahaha you only serve once right?
--a padyak driver told me this this week [these are his exact translated words] "sister I dont want you to get mad or anything but you are the nicest and happiest sister missionary I've ever seen so like don't hate me but all the padyak drivers talk about you" hahaha #k


No comments:

Post a Comment