Sunday, September 7, 2014

WEEK 54: Let us be faithful to Him.

Hello hello hello to all!!! How are you all doing??

This week was another good week. Unfortunately Sister Lesa was sick again, so we were only able to work two days this week. It was also her 22nd birthday, which was fun. She ordered a letchon which is like one of those huge pigs that they roast on coals for a whole day and then it's really yummy pork. So that was a good time.

Well onto the important stuff...although we weren't able to work as much as we would have liked, the time we did work ended up being really awesome. We have continued getting the help of the Branch and we also able to get referrals from them so that was awesome. Because of the referrals, we were able to teach a lot of new people that are extremely receptive as well. So I will say again, members are SO important in this work. We couldn't do it without them.

This week I started reading the Book of Mormon again. Let me tell you I LOVE this book and know it's true with everything in me. I challenge you all to pray and to really read it because I know there are answers just waiting for us every day.

I have read the scriptures many times in my life but as I started reading this time, I was really wanting to have a better understanding and really STUDY every word written.

One of my favorite chapters I read this week was Nephi chapter 7. I love the questions that Nephi asks his brothers as they were rebelling against the commands of the Lord. Nephi says to them,
"How is it that ye have not hearkened unto the word of the Lord? How is it that ye have forgotten that ye have seen an angel of the Lord? Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten what great things the Lord hath done for us, in delivering us out of the hands of Laban,and also that we should obtain the record? Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him.
I love the last part in red. I love that Nephi asks many times "How is it that ye have forgotten..." It really made me think of my life and if there were any times I have forgotten the great blessings the Lord has given me in my life. I also love the wording of "let us be faithful to him." Nephi doesn't say "we must" and he doesn't demand us. But, he reminds us. He reminds us in a way, like with his brothers, to help us realize all the Lord really does for us each day. He reminds us in a way that we will want to gain that desire to exercise faith in our Lord. Because we love Him. And because we are grateful for all that He has given us.

I am grateful for the Lord's hands in HIS work that I am blessed to be a part of. I am grateful for the amazing miracles I have seen in this work. I am grateful for the challenges and hard times I have seen on my mission, because those, as well, have been reminders for me of just how blessed I really am.

I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows us by name. His love for us is perfect and incomprehensible. He loves us. He is watching over us. And we are never alone. He loved us so much that He gave His only Begotten son, Jesus Christ, for us. DO we realize that sacrifice? Just for US. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He Atoned and felt what we feel each and every day. He knows us and knows how to help us become stronger. He lives. Oh, sweet the joy this sentence gives, I know that my Redeemer lives!

I know this gospel is true and I have a burning testimony of it's truthfulness. It is real. I love this work, where I have been able to first be converted to this gospel. 

My cute little sister Ava (S/O sista) sent me this quote today, it says:
"True conversion occurs as you continue to act upon the doctrines you know are true and keep the commandments, day after day, month after month."
It is so true. I am grateful that my 7 year old sister recognizes this at such a young age. Being blessed with the gospel, we must act upon it. Conversion is continuous. We must read and continually strive to follow the commandments our loving Heavenly Father has given to us, because the commandments are our guide here on earth to return back to Him. I know that to be true now more than ever.

So, I say to you all, as Nephi said to his siblings, 
"LET US BE FAITHFUL TO HIM!"

There is safety in this gospel. As we build our firm foundation, we will be strong through whatever happens.

I love you all and am so grateful for the love and support.

Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Reategui

pictures:

another daily pic with the caraboa

Sister Lesa's birthday...they made us all give a little speech for her haha
party party

the letchon!


members from Tabaco came and visited us here in Ligao! salamat talaga to the Brizuela Family!!! Mahal ko kayo!! :)

 
district picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment