Sunday, November 2, 2014

WEEK 62: He is in the details of our lives.

Hello to you all! I'll probably say this every week until I leave this great island, but...IT'S BEEN A GREAT WEEK. SO busy. SO spiritual. And SOOO happy.

Well like always, I have NO time. No words can even begin to explain everything we do as missionaries all day long. We seriously are running from appointment to appointment all day long until we have to come home at 9:30 every night. I've learned so much in these short few weeks that I've been here and am so grateful for it all!!

This week we saw so many miracles I have no idea where to start. We have one investigator, Melfa, who is just amazing. Since investigating the church, she has brought back her less active aunt and less active sister, after being less active for YEARS. And her sister who is now active, also brought her husband and family into investigating also, and they ALL came to church yesterday!!!!!!! She has also referred all her friends and neighbors! We have received over 10 solid referrals from our awesome investigator. Guys, the gospel is real and is AWESOME. SHARE IT!

This week was a holiday so we had curfew for a few nights and no night work. We were praying that we would be able to be given many opportunities to teach during the day, despite the holiday and business of people. Well, our prayers were answered like CRAZY. We were able to teach 48 lessons this week! More than I have ever taught in a single week in my mission, and we even had curfew!!!! The Lord is great and there is no stopping HIS work. I am so grateful to be a part of it.

I have been focusing on trying to notice all the simple miracles and tender mercies in this work and have been so overwhelmed. I have seen His hand in this work so many times this week. We were literally led to houses where people were just home and just READY to hear the gospel. I wish I could record us all day and just send you all that. It is so great. One time we went tracting this week and decided to go to little part of our area we never had been to. We got there and found this super golden family that were all gathered together and just sitting together waiting for us. Haha we approached their house and before we could even say anything they said "come in sisters!" Haha and we were welcomed in and they immediately asked US to share with them the message we carry. Hahaha, when does that happen?? They are the ones that asked us! Ah. I love this area and I love this gospel. 

This week I really studied a verse that has become one of my favorites that we are all familiar with...
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed." James 1:5-6.

I never really noticed how significant these verses are. These are the verses that Joseph Smith read that became his answer straight from our Heavenly Father, resulting in the restoration of the gospel. These are the same verses that became my own answer to my prayers this week. This is an invitation of our Heavenly Father to pray to Him and ask in faith, with no doubts, with trust in him that He will answer us. I know He will because He has in my life and He will for you. He is just waiting for us to talk with Him. He is ever so loving and caring and knows the details of our lives. I know it. 

I hope you all know that I love my mission so much and treasure my time here. Thank you all for the support every week!!!! You all are the best. 
Till next week....

Nagmamahal,
Sister Reategui

pictures!
on the crazy bridge...it doesn't even look that cool in the pictures..hahaha




 welcome to masbate!


with the Jeramos family!


 a sister that worked with us!



 family home evening with Melfa and her family!



No comments:

Post a Comment